The swoosh. The golden arches. The bullseye. Mickey ears.
You can see these in your mind, can’t you? I don’t have to say Nike, McDonald’s, Target, Disney. That’s BRAND … instant identification and recognition.
A logo is just one piece of the brand identity puzzle… but an important one! It’s the foundational piece that all the other pieces connect with to create the full picture of your business. A logo should be more than just your business name or a piece of clip art. It communicates not only what you DO, but who you ARE. Fun and friendly? Clean and corporate? Elegant sophistication?
Your brand identity is key to your business. A solidly defined brand identity creates consistency, which in turn instills confidence and recognition with current and potential customers. Your brand identity creates your image – how your customers view you and your business, and how you view yourself.
A good logo communicates all of this in a clean, simple, unique, and memorable visual.
It seems like a daunting task! It’s such an important, lasting, and impactful decision. Where do you even begin? That’s where a little JOY can ease the stress and confusion. Let me help guide you on the path to discovering your brand identity with a complete LOGO DESIGN PACKAGE.
What are the steps to creating a logo?
- It begins with a personal consultation based on your schedule and preference (in person, virtual, or via email) to identify the key points of your business, BEYOND just what you do. Who are you? Who is your audience? What are your goals? What message or image do you want to project?
- I will incorporate the key takeaways into a variety of custom logo designs for you to review.
- Based on your feedback and direction, the top choices may then revised and updated through 2 or 3 rounds of revisions, or alternate options will be created.
- I provide the final approved logo in multiple file formats, in color and black and white/grayscale.
- Since brand is MORE than just a logo, the package also includes a complete brand style guide with your key brand identity points, messaging and audience, and visual identity such as color and font guidelines.
This is a sample of a logo review sheet created for a pool company. They wanted a simple yet elegant logo that would communicate what they do (pools, water, waves) and who they are (classy, elegant, high end).